I was contacted by Google. The first two phone interviews went very well. But sadly the third interview didn’t go so well (I was a little bit nervous) so I won’t be working at Google.
I’m open to other interesting opportunities so if you want my Curriculum Vitae feel free to ask. You can find my e-mail on my launchpad account.
Some interesting stuff :
- Congratulations to Mako for joining the FSF board of directors!
- I booted from a Gutsy Tribe 2 cd. Gutsy looks to be shaping up nicely. Thumbs up to everyone who is working on Gutsy! Sometimes gnome-appearances-properties hangs my entire system. GUTSY GIBBON SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR YOUR DESKTOP UNTIL RELEASE IN OCTOBER 2007 other than for testing that is.
- Compiz Fusion looks very nice and is enabled by default for video chipsets that support it in Gutsy (there is a fallback to metacity). Try it out yourself by downloading Tribe 2 and booting from the cd or search youtube for some nice videos.
- I’m using Pidgin on Feisty. It looks very good! I backported it using prevu.
- iPhone restricts users, GPLv3 frees them Today both the iPhone and GPLv3 will be launched
- I would much rather have a MID running Ubuntu (UME) with Gnome than an iPhone running proprietary software. More links : 1 , 2
- Gnome is taking Mobile and Embedded seriously
- *guessing and hoping* : It’s exciting to see Intel, Canonical and Nokia working together to create something which IMHO has the potential to be an iPhone killer. It would be very cool to browse the web, read e-mail and rss and use python,ssh,voip and im on a MID running Ubuntu with Gnome. I hope this MID will also be a regular phone and will support hsdpa. I hope it will be available in Europe and will work with european frequencies and dutch providers. I hope dutch providers won’t try to prevent using voip. I hope for long battery life.