I made some progress in finding some nice laptops. But now I need to know whether I can get one to work perfectly with Ubuntu. Here is a selection of possible laptops. Currently the list contains :
- 13,3″ macbook (T2400;1GB;60 GB;intel GMA 950)
- Dell XPS M1210 (T2300;12.1″ TFT;1GB;60GB;intel GMA 950)
- HP Pavilion DV2085 (T2400;14″ TFT;1GB;120GB;GF7200)
- Asus A8Jc (T2300;14″ TFT;1GB;100GB;GF7300)
- Asus S62J-H044 (T2400,14.1″,1 GB , 100 GB, geforce7300)
- AMILO Si 1520(T2300,12″TFT,1GB,100GB,intel GMA 950)
- MSI S262(T2300E,12.1″TFT;1GB; 100GB;intel GMA 950????)
- another similar model ?
I’m willing to spend about 1200 euros on it which is a LOT of money for me. I want a small laptop with good performance and good battery life and I want it to work perfectly with Ubuntu (including wireless and suspend/hibernate). Here is the forum thread called “Help me find a good laptop”
Help wanted and very much appreciated!
see also this blog post:
Some changes in my life
PS : Og Maciel I hope you find a nice job soon!
update : my latest blog entry on this.